Sunday, April 8, 2007

Plz don't say that.

Its quite jaw clenching to hear ppl say that u seem ununited.It's depressing when ppl give u advice that u should know ur frenz n seniors better. Thats just so ambiguous to me.Cliche' n fake.It kinda sucks.Please don't get me wrong..its heart-breaking n dissapointing coz its true.Atleast for some ppl out there..

I once lived abroad..that was a long time ago.But u know what I remembered most..how close everyone was. Not according to batch. We were away from home, I guess we depended on eachother.Well aren't we far away form home right now? Is this the Malaysian dream? You call yourselves Malaysian?

I'm not accusing or opposing.The advice given at the reception was rich and full.Meaningful even.But the fact that I sincerely TRIED to be nice and sweet.We all tried being friendly and also approachable. But its so difficult to do those things when other ppl gives back a 'watever' expression.Giving this uninviting ,forced 'oh-no' body language.Numerous times we've tried to be giddy n welcoming.I'm not trying to raise any kind of issues with anyone.I mean well.This is my personal opinion.I don't or won't hold any grudge towards anyone and hopefully so everybody also won't.

We've always been proud of our multiracional community.I am.I was? Are u?I've been here for a month and I feel like we're strangers sometimes.Multiple times we've 'thickened our facial fossa' to meet n greet ppl.Like we come from collateral worlds.Like in a diff dimension.Its embarassing sometimes to be ignored.We don't bite.Not as far as I know atleast.I'm not asking for us to suddenly be cuddly or bff's or anything intimate like that.But even lifting the edge of ur mouth seems like a difficult thing to do.To initiate.And you call yourself 'Becoming doctors'.PPD taught us alot.Supposedly.I could've sworn they taught us to learn social skills.Didn't they?

I'm thinking..maybe they don't notice? maybe they're shy? or maybe..just maybe..they are like that all this while..I stepped down from class rep the other day.Know why? I felt a failure even b4 I started.Felt hopeless. I felt weak.Utterly vulnerable to make us become one.I feel I would fail.Some might say i'm 'glabah' for taking this too seriously when its too trivial or a quitter(lyk neens said).I guess I am in a way.I see the seniors and they show this strong bond among eachother.I feared that I wouldn't be able to do the same for us.Some might say 'Who cares? We came here to study not to make friends!(AMNTM cliche phrase)'The prob is I am the kind that has high hopes on certain things.I had high hopes that we could all put aside our differences.See how serious I take this?How dramatic I can be? How high-spirited I can get?And this just being a month here. Well welcome to my world.

Difference in race,beliefs.Difference in shape and sizes..variety personalities..different music interests, i-like-red n do-u-like-skateboarding?These are the simple things that builds a person.Builds individuals.Creates a group.Creates a society.Not just complicated DNA bonds.If we were a canvas..what color would we be painted with? The fact that 'I'm richer n smart too..I'm a scholar..who are u?JPA..MARA?'Its isnt what quality the canvas is.Not how high the value is.This is NOT an auction.Its the painting that matters.What it represents.Its symbolism.If otherwise, just tear the damn canvas and burn it down right there and then.

I personally preferred and recommended the current successor of v.class rep.Because the individual has character.She is one of d most 'Malaysian' person I know here.And she's not even Malay.Love her for that.Better yet she was willing.I'm glad.I prayd that maybe by stepping down(not that anyone cared) it would make a difference.I figured following the footsteps of previous batches we'd have the same strong bond. But even if that was achieved..I hope for more.Between Malaysians in general n not just in batches.I'm proud to be a Malaysian.Are u? Prove it.

1 comment:

Neens said...

Agree in every possible way.

Come to think of it, they had a point there. The only thing is that they are saying it to the wrong crowd.

Talk abt groupings, there's a clear evidence there's grouping within our batch much less interbatch.

If we want to make some changes, I say start from the bottom all the way up.

p/s: U got sexy butt =p