Monday, January 29, 2007

Blood Diamond.

The clock struck 9pm and we were still at home getting ready to go out for the night.Girls.What do you expect? Especially ppl like Kak Eta and myself..and particularly a woman like my sister.But who are we kidding? Whom is it that we imagine to see us all dolled up? The ticket man? *rolls eyes* However girls will be girls. I can’t recall what time we left the house but what I did notice it was running late and we arrived in Putrajaya to pick up akaks friend around 10+pm.

So after finally getting the entourage together, we headed to Damansara.God was it a long journey..(I don’t get it why akak agreed to susahkan diri like that just for..well watever) we arrived around 11pm and at the Cineplex.We were there to gamble our luck and fortunately for us there was hope.Although the seats were up front (either sit up front or watch a documentary..??we chose the latter) we thought it wasn’t such a big of a deal coz the screen wasn’t too close up ur nose like other cinemas. Have I mentioned what filem we were watching? Blood Diamond. I still have difficulty understanding the term. Is it the diamond in the movie (the pink one Vandy picked up) or its called that due to the fact that its considered a conflict diamond?

Well basically..i loved Leo in the movie..the whole rough beardy look..and thick yet smeared Rhodesian accent is totally H-O-T and definitely a plus in my book.I didn’t quite fancy him b4 this (I’m not into that boyish,player look) but in this movie he pulled it off.Too bad he didn’t win any awards for it.Not yet atleast.But he was a nominee so that’s ok. Now back to the story line. It was messy..but apart from that..it was an interesting piece. Touching in the right places..Saddening touche..Its dissapointing coz he didn’t get what he wanted..to get out of the continent and to hook up with the journalist (was that based on a real person or just an additional character?) However its great that Vandy gets reunited with his family and gets to speak up in UN..overall..3 ½ out of 5.

p/s:we came back around 3am..and boy was our mom pissed!!

No comments: