Friday, June 8, 2012

Note To My 30yo Self


*Tik tok* goes the clock on your bedroom wall.


Time capsules. I bet you've heard of those. It's usually in the form of a video or letter which you write to your future self -say 30 yrs from now- buried somewhere only to be read at the suggested time. So then and there you can reminisce about how young, naive and maybe clueless you were back in the day and to reflect weather you've kept any of your promises or New Years resolution *cough2* made then.

Well that's as much as I could understand from watching Hollywood teen-flicks. Usually there's some embarrassing confession included. Yikes. In truth (as true as Wiki can be), a Time capsule  is a historic cache of goods or information, usually intended as a method of communication with future people and to help future archaeologistsanthropologists, or historians.

I think as I am about to embark on a new turning point in my life that its best that I should do one here.

Thing is, there are countless times where I observe my family, friends, lecturers, hospital staff or even random people I've met, and I's stop to think "Wow, I should never do that when I'm in that 'situation'" or " Thats a really good method, I should definitely try that" . So here I am doing this post to remind my 30yr old self and prevent myself from *ehem* "Licking my own saliva" ?! I know 30yrs old is just around the corner seeing that I'm turning 25 this year. But so much can change in a short period of time. And once I'm 30, I'll make one for 40 and so on. Now, let's begin,

" Dear 30 years old Nurul Syuhadah Hasny, - Assalamualaikum~ \(^^)/
          On career and money 
I guess by now *fingers crossed* you've become an official doctor. An m.o to be precise :) How was your internship 3yrs back? I hope the hospital(abt to find out next Tues) you've joined treated and taught u well. And I really do hope you're not too tired of work,bosses,staffs and patients that you've become that 'doctor' you vowed never to become. The doctor who ignores students(you're just scared of those smarty pants or you think you're above them,stop,coz your not),snarls at juniors,talk behind backs,escapes duties, takes EL carelessly and ignore patients w/ petty questions. Everyone's human and every bodies been there so boo-hoo and suck it up. I hope you don't bow to pressure so easily that you feel like quitting and can control your short-temper well as you are most definitely not the most patient person I know. Never unload your anger towards innocent people. If you have, apologize!! Oh and don't pretend to listen when your family ask you medical Qs but end up not really answering, take note and if you don't know(you should know), then find out.
BE PROACTIVE and have Discipline, Dedication, Determination is what ayah always tells you to do(which I owez 'successfully' fail doing). Don't be a slacker and just sit on your bum while thinking about food and sleep every time you can catch a break woman! There are lives out there that genuinely need your attention. So start your day enthusiastically with Basmallah and say 'If I could change/touch just one life per day, I've reached my purpose of being here ' And I really do hope you've found which field you're most passionate about and that you're are on your way to getting your masters. If not, hopefully your husband has. I know life is tiring, you feel lost & might get scolded but as we always say 'Shit happens and life goes on'. Or as that guy from every Adam Sandler movie would say, " You can doooo eeeeeettt!!" Oh, and by the way, I hope you've managed your money well. Invest in stocks (gold, etc), buy a house- decorate it lovingly, get a good car and don't own too many credit cards. Have as little debts as possible! Installments are always good but CONTROL your self you maniac shopaholic!!! Open a trust fund for your children and buy insurance! Differentiate 'need' and 'want'. Just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend every cent of it. Jangan sesekali kedekut with mak. You know she deserves your earnings. Buy her and dad something nice every once in a while. Have you bought her a new fridge and installed air-conditionning at the back? p/s : Charity is also a good place to put it. 

         On family
Well I really expect you to get married by now (-_-') Love your husband well and treat him with utmost respect. Know his likes & dislikes and abide by his rules.Tweak some for a little freedom but you must remember, 'Syurga itu di tapak kaki suami' . Janganlah marah kalau dia tegur what you wear, it's his duty to make sure you're proper but he himself has to lay it slow and gently on you. *pffft* But what's most important, communicate often but hold your tongue if there's too much emotion bottled up. Think before you leap. Keep in mind that love among man is not what holds a marriage, it's compromise,trust,faith and communication are what glues it together. I trust you guys still have that journal you exchange once in a while. Share your thoughts on paper if it's difficult to express out loud. Especially for 'him' who you just can't figure out his thoughts. And by 30,please have at least one child together if God permits. amin. A child that is born out of sincerity,love and baraqah. Children are the ones that are going to pray for you in the afterlife.Build an army. Take care of your pregnancy, don't eat like a pig but don't starve yourself thin. Control, woman!! You don't want to repeat what they b4 you have done- gain unnecessary weight. When they're born, puh-lease breast feed as long as possible, and make proper baby food once they wean and help them be active and consistently learning. Don't cuddle your baby too much like put them in buai's and sleep in the bed with you especially when they're older. If you want, put the crib nearer. I know you're tired and lack time, but think of the future!Imagine if they are just too attached to you. Don't cave into your child's desire all the time. Learn to communicate with them, teach them politeness and how to salam elders and to always say sorry and thank you accordingly.Make it a habit. Let them behave and be independent but know that you love them to pieces. Put them in really good schools and make them be more involved in their hobbies. Harness their talents regardless of field (ie, sports, arts, edu ) Go for fam vacays and take lots of pictures and videos  of them growing up. Treat your parents well. Give them monthly allowance no matter how tight of a budget you're in and stop being so stingy with em you rascal!! Visit them when you can!! Be a really good daughter-in law. Help you in-laws around as much as you can. Make them your own.

         On health 
Please please please return to your pre pregnancy (unless even then you were o/wt) so you can have more children and don't hate yourself afterwards. Have a ideal hip-waist ratio. Its not about figure, its about staying healthy. Take supplements,eat healthily-don't eat too much fast food or outside food, and go for a hike or join a gym. Better yet, prepare a gym at home. Get you hubby to be involved (and no,not in that sense you perv) like do sit ups, pull ups together. Jog at the park together,bicycle riding or even swim !! Skincare!! Indulge a little with good products. (skII anyone?? )

          On religion/ spiritual guidance
Nurul Syuhadah Hasny don't you DARE leave solat!! Nak seribu daya!! Never feel burdened by anything or anyone that makes you uncomfortable to go sembahyang. No matter how jahat you are, solat is the pillar of life and Islam. Remind your husband when he needs it most. You're in this together. I don't know if you're following any usrah now although I hope you make some of your time for it. Join in those spiritual gatherings because you're going to need it for balance and not forgetting your ultimate purpose in life. Hopefully your husband shares your stands and beliefs and you both discuss it frequently. If you're too busy, fund appropriately.

Thats all for now. I'll add some more if I remember anything else!! hewhew :) "

1 comment:

harizahri said...

30?huhuhu.:8
oooo~ pndainye 'surga bwah tapak kaki suami~' :p