Monday, May 21, 2012

Pig-skin : Take Two.(updated)


Ninaaaaa!! Spoiler alert betol la..hahahha
Yeah you got that right. Take one was with u at Midvalley.

Me and Neensy went to Studio R I think, the place where they sell sports-related items (or was it a regular shoe shop?) any-whoo... we did't notice the sign that says pig skin until we've already smoldered it with our finger prints. Genius.

 " Where should we find some earth ard here?"

We could of waited till we got home but we needed to pray Zohor/ Asar (not sure) so after prolonged *cough* consideration we decided to steal take some from the pots outside of Starbucks..without looking suspiciously retarded in soing it. Out of loVe & respect for Bintangbucks, and our way to say 'we want somma ur tanah' we bought a drink, finished it and after some snooping ard got some of the earth from the tree pots.

As a reminder for anyone who will encounter this similar condition, I would like to warn you that its really darn difficult to do this in a small cubicle of a toilet especially when you have to be really careful not to spill on the floor. And more harder when the cleaner is outside and eyeing you with laser-beam visions. But alas, we succeeded.

And never in a million years I thought that I would encounter a similar situation as I've earned my lesson. Of course I was wrong. This time it was Time Square,two weeks ago at a shop called 'Offline'. Btw, this shop is the DOPE!! The shoes there are sick and they have really cute outfits. And it's decorated really classy and warm. ALthough its clearly owned by a non-Malay, but they have this corner where they provide tudungs and baju kurungs. Neat & thoughtful huh?!! Not to mention a good business mind. So as my fingers were harassing these really cute footwear & even trying them on, Hariz pointed out this wee sign saying,

'Some of these shoes in this wardrobe only, are lined with pig-skin.Please ask for assistence'

SO we were thinking maybe I didn't touch the 'some'..but after looking at the details, one of them definetly had pig-skin. I hope all of you people out there know how to differentiate pig leather. Leather for first, won't burn when lit, and for pig skin, there are three dots lined like a pyramid scattered all over the surface.


"How to recognized it?

Mostly, it looks like suede. But it is thinner. It has spots on it. Kind of depressions or little holes that never go through. It seems like some has used spikes to try to pin through it. But these spots are only on one side.

Usually, on the other side of the leather, you will see squeezed round shaped spots. These spots may not be very prominent on this side. If you look very closely at the pictures given, you will have no problem in identifying pigskin. If you are not sure, read labels or ask the store keepers. Do not ask them if these are pigskins. Let them tell you what kind of leather it is. Do not take their words."


(Same goes for ingrediants, 471 & 476 are considered from pork gelatine unless explained otherwise) People always take this stuff for granted. DoN'T.It becomes apart of ur body.Your children will inherit it. SOme living overseas are carelessly eating at places where they sell pork as well. Thats a no-no. They obviously use the same cooking utilities and some even go to say the meat is 'sembelih-ed' by those who come from 'agama-langit' such as Jews & Xtians so its similar. Are you sure? The thing is, Once upon a time, Yes you may. Because we believed in the same God. One and only. But these days, we are on different paths. Its safer to go eat in the Middle-east town where the Arabs sell.

Anyway, because we wanted to catch a movie, I had to samak siap2 so can pray after the movie. And off we went out to search for some tanah. Again *rolls eyes* Finally we came upon some land behind TimesSquare and digged away. But this time I feel really bad for the cleaners as I had wet a dry floor with suspiciously brown coloured fluids + grass? I tried to clean up most of it though. But what to do?

So fellas, Dimana and kemahuan disitu ada jalan. Nak seribu daya, taknak seribu dalih.

p/s : There's another incident that happened in that toilet that I can never reveal to anyone besides Hariz who I tell about everything to. Let it follow me to my grave. Maybe. Peace.


4 comments:

Neens said...

Did u accidently touch one of those shoes again???

Funny how we hd to go to starbucks just so we can 'curi' some soil in their pots!! hahaha

Well, I hope not the case. ;b

p/s: Tell me hw u going to Rai's wed!

Neens said...

yeayyyy betul. haha cant believe it happened again! tp dh ada pengalaman better la kot kan kan? ;b

what happen in the toilett?? u slipped ke on the water-soil?

anywhooo please update ur blog w a post abt le' steaks and bar-b-Q we just had yesterdaaaaaayyyy w pictures!

Neens said...

yeayyyy betul. haha cant believe it happened again! tp dh ada pengalaman better la kot kan kan? ;b

what happen in the toilett?? u slipped ke on the water-soil?

anywhooo please update ur blog w a post abt le' steaks and bar-b-Q we just had yesterdaaaaaayyyy w pictures!

Neens said...

yeayyyy betul. haha cant believe it happened again! tp dh ada pengalaman better la kot kan kan? ;b

what happen in the toilett?? u slipped ke on the water-soil?

anywhooo please update ur blog w a post abt le' steaks and bar-b-Q we just had yesterdaaaaaayyyy w pictures!