Okay. You know when you go to those ginormous Malls with gazillion shopping space but disappointingly have surau's the size of your living room (mansions excluded) and smells like feet or reminds you the smell of old peoplebooks ??!! *rolls eyes* Seriously. Like, how can u have all that space for ALL THAT but can't even give us a comfortable surau in this so called Islamic country. I guess it's cause its not really manufactured/built by anyone who really cares about us or our faith but who knows? I can only assume..and hope (-_-') So when today I went to Space U8 in Bukit Jelutong @ Malaysia's FIRST Eco-Mall ( I'm a bit skeptical whether eco here really means eco-system or eco-nomy?) imagine my suprise to find a really reeaallyy reeaaaalllyy nice surau there.
I'm not even exaggerating .
Space U8 itself provides many many fountains within the mall itself including along its elevators (yes, water falling along the windows) but get this, it also has mini running fountain-thingy along the sides of the wall within the surau!! The surau (for now) is absolutely clean, pretty and doesn't smell (including the telekungs). It provides an extra room for make-up n what not with a huugggeee mirror. So girls, no need to arrange urself like Glee club to get a good view. You can even use the mirrors on the pillars. Heh. Not only that, it has one of those drying machines for the hands except its installed on the walls but near the floor probably for drying your feet as well as the floor if its too wet.
Check it out ..

Here's the entrance with khat paintings. It looks really exclusive

Here's the pond thingy I was saying. It's nice to feel like your praying next to a river.


Here's the make-up room

Here's the Wudu' room. They put these huge rocks at the bottom. Im not sure why though.
But it looks awesome. I love the tiles on the wall.

Drying machine blower thingy.
Unfortunately Space U8 is situated in a no-man area. Kidding (hardly). Its surrounded by industrial buildings and is on the boring side of Jelutong. There's a foodcourt which still need more hype but basically for now all I can see mostly are small stalls by small entrepreneurs filling the open space. Most of the shop spaces are yet to be filled and hopefully many will *prays* (please don't be another Plaza Alam Central/ PKNS/ or the dissapointing SACC?) I think it needs more support for it to survive. Shah Alam is kinda known for it's BO-ring malls (although I do appreciate the hassle-free life) .They don't have many chain-shops which has its own pro's and con's. Good for small businessman but too-bad for us looking for em at a nearer distance. But guess what, Jelutong is not Shah Alam, but close enough for us to go within 15min!
*sticks out tongue*
A 24hrs Mc-Donalds/ KFC (RFC?)/Pizza Hut or Secret Recipe would be a smart business move. Cha-Time, Coffeebean, Old Town White Coffee ( do I see a pattern of FOOD conjuring up here? argh snap out Syuhadah! *facepalm*) MPH/POPULAR wouldn't hurt. Franchise clothing lines, shoes, watches: Padini & Co, Nicole, SODA, Vincci, Nose, Charles & Keith (dream on), Carlo Rino Guess, Swatch, Fossil . Okay so basically its something what AEON and Parkson would have -_- SUE me. Just a thought hehe
No comments:
Post a Comment